- WHAT SHOULD I CHECK BEFORE I CALL?
- Check the filter – When is the last time that you changed it? A dirty filter is the #1 cause of preventable problems when it comes to your furnace and a/c system.
- Check your thermostat – Is it on or is the screen blank? Sometime you simply need to change the battery and it will solve the problem.
- Is the furnace turning on at all? Is it trying to ignite?
- Is the Gas to the furnace turned on? (gas cock parallel with the pipe is on)
- Are the breakers turned on in the electrical panel? During air conditioning season is the breaker turned on inside the main panel? is it turned on Outside by the air conditioner?
- HOW LONG WILL MY FURNACE & AIR CONDITIONER LAST?
It can really depend on how well you maintain your system. Keeping it clean, changing the filter often, and having us protect your investment with our Comfort Coverage Plan (2 visits annually, one every 6 months) will optimize your systems performance. However, the national average of a home comfort system is 17 years.
If possible, it is always easier and cheaper in the long run to replace both the furnace and the air conditioner at the same time, but we know it’s not always possible and the majority of the time a furnace or air conditioner can be replaced independently of the other.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP FOR A COMFORT COVERAGE PLAN?
Just like changing the oil in your car, your home’s total comfort system does need regular maintenance to keep it operating at peak efficiency, lowest cost, and lowers the risk of a critical failure. Our CCP is regularly scheduled preventative maintenance plan on your home heating and air conditioning system.
This service is designed to help prevent untimely failures, to make sure the system isn’t working harder than it needs to and to ensure you are not overpaying on your utility bills because the system is running inefficiently. We do this by sending a fully certified technician (not a salesman) twice a year to complete a 34 point inspection on your home’s total comfort system.
On top of all that you will receive exclusive discounts on filters, installs, and services, and no overtime or after hour charges for as long as you own the membership. If you are to have a crisis failure between our visits we promise you VIP front of the line service, within a 24 hr period of contact to have a technician out at a discount to get you comfortable again as soon as possible.
- HOW SOON IN THE YEAR SHOULD I SERVICE MY AIR CONDITIONING UNIT?
In order to turn on your air conditioner and for us to be able to check the refrigerant levels, we recommend that the weather be at around 68-70 degrees outside on average.